Federal governemt have angrily ordered that the new charges on Unstructured Supplementary Service Data should be stopped.
Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Pantami, gave the order in a statement on Thursday.
The commission also ordered that the new charges on Unstructured Supplementary Service Data should be stopped.
The statement reads, “We have directed the Nigerian Communication Commission to ask MTN to suspend the plan.
“We are not aware of it officially. We will investigate and make sure the right thing is done.
“The attention of the Ministry has been drawn to the activities of some mobile network operators who in spite of the earlier directive suspending the planned Unstructured Supplementary Service Data access charge on banking services, have continued the illegal deduction from subscribers.
“This also serves a notice to the general public that anyone in possession of evidence of charges after the minister’s directive had taken effect, should forward the same to the Nigerian Communications Commission for further action.”
This directive is coming days after MTN said it would start charging N4 on USSD transactions on the request of commercial banks
However, the banks including the Central Bank of Nigeria disowned the telecommunication company, saying they made no such request.
Nigeria’s GDP Grows By 2.28% In Third Quater Of 2019
Data made available by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) shows that Nigeria’s gross domestic product (GDP) grew by 2.28% in the third quarter of 2019.
This is 0.17% percentage points higher than the 2.12% revised GDP growth recorded in the second quarter.
The GDP report which was released on Friday shows that the average daily oil production in the quarter was 2.04 million barrels per day (mbpd).
According to the NBS, the growth rate in Q3 of 2019 represents the second-highest quarterly rate recorded since 2016.
The non-oil sector grew by 1.85% during the third quarter. The sector was driven mainly by the Information and Communication sector. Other drivers were agriculture, mining and quarrying, transportation and storage, and manufacturing. In real terms, the non-oil sector contributed 90.23% to the nation’s GDP.
The mining and quarrying sector grew by 5.98% in Q3 2019. Quarrying and other minerals exhibited the highest growth rate of all the sub-activities at 58.03%, followed by coal at 43.68%.
The agricultural sector grew by 14.88% in Q3 2019, showing a decline of –3.44% points from the same quarter of 2018.
The manufacturing sector in the third quarter of 2019 was recorded at 39.69%
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Metuh’s Lawyer Blows Hot, Vows To Appeal ‘Bad Judgement’
Alleged N4.9bn Laundering: Femi Fani-Kayode, Others To Resume Trials
Court Convicts Olisa Metuh To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial
Senate Pressures Buhari To Urgently Reconstitute Federal Character Commission Board
Review Judgment On Atiku’s Petition Against Buhari, PDP Urges Supreme Court
Aubameyang, Mahrez, African Players On The Spotlight In Europe
Brexit: EU Envoys Set To Finalise Mandate For UK Negotiation
Chief Okeke, Governorship Aspirant Blows Hot On The Need To Anchor Anambra on ICT Industrialization
Lai Mohammed Orders Implementation Of 70% Local Content In Broadcasting
Niger Army Kills 63 Terrorists In Attack On Military Base
UK Parliament Approves Historic Brexit Deal
FAAN Security Apprehends Intruder At MMA
12 Years After, NLNG Board Vote To Construct Multi-Billion-Dollar Gas Pipeline Project
China Launches Powerful Rocket Ahead Of Planned Mission To Mars
Challenged By China And Russia, US Launches Space Force
Ancelotti Appointed Everton Coach
NAN seeks stronger partnership with Chinese Embassy
Senate suspends plenary over colleague’s death
Impeachment fallout: New play about Nancy Pelosi to debut in Chicago
Buhari Committed To Good Governance, End Poverty – AU-NEPAD Boss
- Judge Gives EFCC Ultimatum To Extradite Diezani Madueke From The UK on
- We Are Ready To Release Sowore, DSS Insists Despite Falana’s Statement on
- BREAKING: Super Eagles Beat Squirrels Of Benin 2:1 on
- Gunmen Kill Three Policemen In Kaduna on
- Trump ‘Not Watching’ Impeachment Hearing – White House Spokeswoman on
- Court Adjourns Police Service Commission’s Suit Challenging IGP’s Powers on
- Israeli Strike On Damascus Kills Palestinian Figure’s Son on
- Over 30 Killed In Landslide In West Cameroon on
- “There Is No Lawsuit Against Me – G-WorldWide Is Misleading The Public” – Kizz Daniel Responds on
- MURIC Calls For Prosecution Of Four FRSC Officials For Alleged Murder on
- Jennifer Aniston Breaks World Guiness Records As The Fastest Person To Ever Amass 1million Followers On Instagram on
- Boko Haram Has Been Substantially Defeated – President Buhari on
- Federal Government, Labour Reach Agreement For Implementation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage For Nigerian Workers on
- Barcelona And Real Madrid Clasico Match Postponed Over Catalonia Protests on
- Malawi Police Accused Of Rape During Investigation on
- Cross River Lawmakers Shower Accolades On Young Politician on
- Samsung Acknowledges Galaxy S10 Fingerprint Access Flaw on
- Several Dozens Killed In Afghanistan Mosque Bombing on
- Prince William And Wife Begin Tour Of Pakistan on
- APC has Disintegrated Says PDP Following Attack On Adams Oshiomole on