The extremely violent attack by members of APC on National Chairman, Adams Oshiomole has further confirmed that the All Progressives Congress(APC) has at last disintegrated, according to PDP
According to the opposition party, the fact that APC members openly took up arms against its leadership is a huge demonstration of their eternal rejection of the APC and the Buhari Presidency.
In a statement by its spokesman, the PDP claims that for APC members to publicly call their National Chairman a “thief”, as reported in some media, “amply captures the mood of majority of Nigerians, including APC members, that the APC and its government are havens for thieves, criminal gangs and corrupt persons”.
The statement further claimed that it is an indisputable fact among Nigerians is that the APC has become torn apart within its core.
“The manifest greed and ravenousness of its leaders, particularly, in the Presidential villa, in addition to endless infighting over positions and looted resources has further exposed the party as a soulless mob.
“The APC has never been a genuine platform for governance. It has neither the predisposition nor the design for operable people-oriented policy and programmes. If anything, it has remained a special purpose vehicle, for power grabbing, hijacked by an oppressive and exploitative cabal, who has no iota of interest in the welfare of Nigerians.
“Indeed, the propensity of APC leaders at looting our common patrimony as well as the total neglect of the living conditions of the masses, whose mandate they had stolen, has become a huge source of anger and resentment in the hearts of Nigerians.
“Nigerians expect Oshiomhole to respond to the demands of his party members, who are chasing him around like a common tout and for which he was reported to have hidden in a hotel in Benin City.
“Is it not absurd for a National Chairman of a political party that claims to have won an election just a few months back to require the services of truck load of police men and personal thugs to escape from Benin to Abuja?
“The Edo incident reminds of how the APC National Chairman also allegedly fled the nation at the heat of his reported interrogation by the Department of State Services (DSS) in 2018 over alleged corruption charges.
“The PDP however encouraged Nigerians not to despair. There is always an end to any platform that does not have the care of the people as its primary goal in governance,” the statement read in parts.
Metuh’s Lawyer Blows Hot, Vows To Appeal ‘Bad Judgement’
The trial judge, Justice Okon Abang, on Tuesday, convicted Metuh, on seven counts of money laundering and criminal diversion of funds to the tune of N400 million.
Justice Abang sentenced Metuh to seven years imprisonment in respect to Counts One to Three.
On Count Four, the former PDP spokesman was sentenced to five years while he got seven, three and seven years for Counts Five, Six, and Seven years respectively.
He, however, held that all the sentences should run concurrently, with effect from February 25, 2020.
Abel Ozioko, while briefing journalists after the judgement, said the judge was carrying out an experiment on his client.
“The judge confessed that an issue like this is novel; in other words, he was carrying out an experiment.
“For me, this is a good example of bad judgement, and we have our appeal in our hands, I still have confidence in the law court and we are heading upstairs to the three wise men to know whether he is right or wrong,” he maintained.
Meanwhile, Channels Television reports that Metuh, after the judgement, was taken to the Nigerian Correctional Service to begin his prison terms pending the hearing of an appeal when it is eventually filed.
Culled from Channels Tv…
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Metuh’s Lawyer Blows Hot, Vows To Appeal ‘Bad Judgement’
Alleged N4.9bn Laundering: Femi Fani-Kayode, Others To Resume Trials
Court Convicts Olisa Metuh To Seven Years In Prison After Four-Year Trial
Senate Pressures Buhari To Urgently Reconstitute Federal Character Commission Board
Review Judgment On Atiku’s Petition Against Buhari, PDP Urges Supreme Court
Aubameyang, Mahrez, African Players On The Spotlight In Europe
Brexit: EU Envoys Set To Finalise Mandate For UK Negotiation
Chief Okeke, Governorship Aspirant Blows Hot On The Need To Anchor Anambra on ICT Industrialization
Lai Mohammed Orders Implementation Of 70% Local Content In Broadcasting
Niger Army Kills 63 Terrorists In Attack On Military Base
UK Parliament Approves Historic Brexit Deal
FAAN Security Apprehends Intruder At MMA
12 Years After, NLNG Board Vote To Construct Multi-Billion-Dollar Gas Pipeline Project
China Launches Powerful Rocket Ahead Of Planned Mission To Mars
Challenged By China And Russia, US Launches Space Force
Ancelotti Appointed Everton Coach
NAN seeks stronger partnership with Chinese Embassy
Senate suspends plenary over colleague’s death
Impeachment fallout: New play about Nancy Pelosi to debut in Chicago
Buhari Committed To Good Governance, End Poverty – AU-NEPAD Boss
- Judge Gives EFCC Ultimatum To Extradite Diezani Madueke From The UK on
- We Are Ready To Release Sowore, DSS Insists Despite Falana’s Statement on
- BREAKING: Super Eagles Beat Squirrels Of Benin 2:1 on
- Gunmen Kill Three Policemen In Kaduna on
- Trump ‘Not Watching’ Impeachment Hearing – White House Spokeswoman on
- Court Adjourns Police Service Commission’s Suit Challenging IGP’s Powers on
- Israeli Strike On Damascus Kills Palestinian Figure’s Son on
- Over 30 Killed In Landslide In West Cameroon on
- “There Is No Lawsuit Against Me – G-WorldWide Is Misleading The Public” – Kizz Daniel Responds on
- MURIC Calls For Prosecution Of Four FRSC Officials For Alleged Murder on
- Jennifer Aniston Breaks World Guiness Records As The Fastest Person To Ever Amass 1million Followers On Instagram on
- Boko Haram Has Been Substantially Defeated – President Buhari on
- Federal Government, Labour Reach Agreement For Implementation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage For Nigerian Workers on
- Barcelona And Real Madrid Clasico Match Postponed Over Catalonia Protests on
- Malawi Police Accused Of Rape During Investigation on
- Cross River Lawmakers Shower Accolades On Young Politician on
- Samsung Acknowledges Galaxy S10 Fingerprint Access Flaw on
- Several Dozens Killed In Afghanistan Mosque Bombing on
- Prince William And Wife Begin Tour Of Pakistan on
- APC has Disintegrated Says PDP Following Attack On Adams Oshiomole on